Julie and Jeremy Kolbé welcome you to their gîtes in Monteaux in the heart of the Loire Valley.
Choosing Monteaux as your base will give you the best of both worlds : a haven of peace and tranquility in the countryside to relax in AS WELL AS main towns, famous attractions and venues close at hand.
The village centre of Monteaux is just a ten minute walk from the gîtes and offers a boulangerie (handy for your daily croissants), a general grocery, a butcher’s, a café/tabac, hairdressers and a post office. Monteaux is two miles north of the River Loire near the beautiful, bustling town of Amboise.
Situated between Tours to the west and Blois to the east it is the perfect base to visit the the great attractions the Loire Valley has to offer
The three Gîtes at “Les Bocages” are part of a two hundred-year-old property set in a large grounds, formally a farm and a wine-producing property. The gîtes have been carefully restored and provide all the modern conveniences one would expect in the 21st centrury.
- For our guests with babies/todlers: we can provide cots, high chairs, baby baths and stairgrates.
- Each property is equipped with WIFI and satellite TV with English channels
- There is a selection of kitchen essentials in each property including salt, pepper, olive oil, mustard and vinegar, flour and sugar and as well as the necessary cling film, aluminium foil, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets.
- A complimentary bottle of locally produced wine awaits you!
- Each gîte has its own private garden area with bar-b-que and you can enjoy outdoor games (swings, badminton, boules etc) near the heated pool.
- You are also welcome to borrow bikes.
Come and enjoy the space, volume, light, greenery, coolness in high summer, cosiness in the winter and the famous “art de vivre” found in our Loire Valley, all so French!